KW Variant 1 Inox Coilovers - MINI (R50, R52, R53) & Cabrio 04/02 to 11/06
The KW Variant 1 Coilover Kit is designed for fast road use. The damping level is pre-set by KW's experienced team of engineers, so this kit is ideal for customers wishing to rely on KW's extensive experience, yet determine their own degree of lowering.
Damping rates are pre-set to give the best balance between sporty driving, comfort and safety. The strut housing is made of Stainless Steel. Each unit is individually height-adjustable, and TUV approved.
- TUV Approved Lowering is 20-50mm on the Front and 20-50mm on the Rear
- Suitable for Models with a Power Output of 55 to 155kW
- Height adjustable on the front and rear axles (threaded strut housings)
- When using original tires, wheel offset spacers may be required
- For vehicles manufactured before 4/02, the piston rod is fastened to the support bearing with an arched disk (piston rod threads are visible). In models built after 4/02, the piston rod mount is lowered and covered by a cap (piston rod threads are not visible)
- For rear axle camber adjustment we recommend the installation of the car specific adjustable control arm set from KW. The part number for the control arm set is mention in the accessories list.